Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ten Commandments

A young pastor who normally rode a bike was walking despondently down the street when he came upon an older, more experienced pastor.

The older pastor could see his young friend was troubled deeply.

"What is bothering you my son?" he asked.

"Well it appears a member of my congregation has stolen my bike," he replied.

The elder said, "If I may give you some advice you might get your bike back. Next Sunday preach on the 10 Commandments, and when you get to 'Thou shall not steal', really emphasize it."

Well, the next week they met again and the young pastor was once again riding his bike.

"Well " said the older one, "I see my advice worked."

"Yes" the young pastor replied, "I took your advice and preached on the 10 Commandments, and when I got to 'Thou Shall Not Commit Adultery', I remembered where I'd left my bike."

No comments: