Thursday, April 02, 2009

Unfair Labor Practices

A man owned a small Ranch In Texas. The Texas Work Force Department claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help and sent an agent out to interview him.
 
"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them," demanded the agent.
 
"Well," replied the farmer, "there's my farm hand who's been with me for three years. I pay him $200 a week plus free room and board. The cook has been here for 18 months, and I pay her $150 per week plus free room and board.
 
Then there's a half-wit here as well. He works about 18 hours every day, and does about 90% of all the work around here. He makes about $10 per week and pays his own room and board. I buy him a bottle of bourbon every Saturday night as a treat. He also sleeps with my wife occasionally."
 
"That's the guy I need to talk to ... this man you refer to as the half-wit," says the agent.
 
"That would be me," replied the Rancher.

No comments: